We’re excited to announce that our June book club pick is The Atmospherians by Alex McElroy. On Tuesday, June 29 at 7:30 p.m. CT, we are hosting a conversation with McElroy moderated by Founder of Lit Crawl Austin Jill Meyers. RSVP here. Join our TBF Book Club Facebook group for all upcoming Book Club news.
Alex McElroy (they/them) is a nonbinary writer based in Brooklyn. They received their MFA from Arizona State University and their Ph.D. from the University of Houston. Their writing has appeared in The Atlantic, Vice, Tin House, Esquire, and elsewhere and they have received fellowships from the Bread Loaf Writers’ Conference, the Tin House Summer Workshop, the Sewanee Writers’ Conference, and the Elizabeth George Foundation. The Atmospherians is their first novel.
2021 book club picks:
- May: The Souvenir Museum by Elizabeth McCracken
- April: Nepantla Familias: An Anthology of Mexican-American Literature On Families In Between Worlds edited by Sergio Troncoso
- March: Lone Stars by Justin Deabler
- February: Memorial by Bryan Washington
- January: Nights When Nothing Happened by Simon Han