As we buy books for all our loved ones this holiday season, consider donating to the Texas Book Festival. Your 2018 gift will share the joy of reading with Texans young and old, from Midland to Houston, from Dallas to the Rio Grande Valley, and of course with more than 50,000 attendees at the annual Festival Weekend in Austin. (2019 dates will be revealed soon!)
Please consider making an end of year gift to the Texas Book Festival, and be part of a growing community in 2019!
Here are a few highlights from 2018:
- Spent the beautiful Festival Weekend of October 27-28 with 50,000 readers from across Texas and beyond
- Awarded more than $100,000 in collection-enhancement grants to 48 public libraries across Texas
- Implemented the first ever Real Reads program in Austin with authors Nic Stone and Jacqueline Woodson. Real Reads connects Title I middle- and high-school students with authors and books through an engaging book club curriculum
- Through Reading Rock Stars, put 10,800 books in the hands of Title I elementary students in Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, and the Rio Grande Valley
- Expanded Reading Rock Stars in Austin to 10 schools, and added a new school in Fort Worth
- Celebrated the 10th anniversary of the Texas Teen Book Festival with 5,000 YA readers
WHAT’S AHEAD FOR 2019:
- Celebrating the 24th annual Texas Book Festival Weekend
- Introducing the first Real Reads program in Dallas, with celebrated YA author Erika Sánchez
- Bringing Lit Crawl to East Austin for the ninth year in a row, offering free creative and innovative literary programming
- Continuing to offer free, high-quality literary programming to ALL Texans
- And much, more more!
To make an online donation to the Texas Book Festival, click HERE.
Please mail donations to:
Texas Book Festival
1023 Springdale Road
Building 14, Suite B
Austin, Texas 78721
Contact the Texas Book Festival office with any questions: 512-477-4055, firstname.lastname@example.org.