We’re excited to share that 2020 Festival author Stephen Graham Jones’ The Only Good Indians is our September pick for the Austin360 Book Club powered by Texas Book Festival!
This gripping new tale of horror, guilt, and revenge centers on four Native American friends haunted — quite literally — by a hunting trip gone wrong. Years after the incident, one of the men, Lewis, is suddenly forced to face his past before it gets to him first. With its expert blend of chilling imagery and social commentary, Jones’s novel tackles themes of tradition and cultural identity while keeping readers hooked.
Grab your copy of The Only Good Indians from our friends at BookPeople, and make sure to save the date for our annual BookPeople Day of Sales, which benefits the Texas Book Festival, on Thursday, September 10.
Jones is one of more than 125 authors coming to this year’s Virtual Texas Book Festival, which takes place online October 31 to November 15! In lieu of book club discussions in September, October, and November, we’ll be reading book club picks by Festival authors that we’re excited to hear from and see at this year’s Festival! Stay tuned for our full author lineup coming (extremely) soon!
Past 2020 book club picks:
- August: Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
- July: The City We Became by N.K. Jemisin
- June: How We Fight for Our Lives by Saeed Jones
- May: The Glass Hotel by Emily St. John Mandel
- April: Stories of Your Life and Others by Ted Chiang
- March: My Dark Vanessa by Kate Elizabeth Russell
- February: You and I Eat the Same edited by Chris Ying
- January: Trust Exercise by Susan Choi