UPDATE: This session is now streaming. Watch the full panel here!
Kirkus Reviews, the nation’s leading prepublication journal of book reviews, is proud to sponsor the annual Kirkus Prize, which bestows $150,000 divided by three winning writers. At this panel, you’ll hear a group of finalists of this year’s Prize—some of this year’s most intriguing and insightful writers—talk about their most recent books.
Panelists: Young Readers’ Literature
- Wai Chim (author, The Surprising Power of a Good Dumpling)
- Sharon G. Flake (author, The Life I’m In)
- Nikki Grimes (author, Legacy)
- NoNieqa Ramos (author, Your Mama)
- Jacqueline Alcántara (illustrator, Your Mama)
- Carole Boston Weatherford (author, Unspeakable)
- Brian Broome (author, Punch Me Up to the Gods)
- Dara Horn (author, People Love Dead Jews)
- Tiya Miles (author, All That She Carried)
- Katherine E. Standefer (author, Lightning Flowers)
- Mariana Enriquez (author, The Dangers of Smoking in Bed)
- Megan McDowell (translator, The Dangers of Smoking in Bed)
- Jocelyn Nicole Johnson (author, My Monticello)
In partnership with Kirkus Reviews
- Moderator: Tom Beer, Kirkus Reviews editor in chief
- Format: This is a live, virtual event on CrowdCast (RSVP link above).
- Chat: Feel free to use the chat box in CrowdCast to share your thoughts and virtually cheer for and share kudos with the session’s participants! Disorderly comments will be removed immediately. Please refer to the code of conduct