If you love being part of a team, and really love community building, books, authors, and events, then you’re in the right place! The Texas Book Festival is hiring an Operations Coordinator to join the team. Details below, and applications will close on July 15, 2022.
OPERATIONS COORDINATOR POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Operations Coordinator position with the Texas Book Festival is responsible for providing support to staff overseeing programs, development, finances, communications, and events. The Operations Coordinator also supports the daily operations of the office and serves as the first contact on phone and email correspondence.
All TBF staff members help with planning work, event support, and communication strategies for the annual Texas Book Festival, Reading Rock Stars, Real Reads and other literary events in Austin and around Texas throughout the year.
- Schedule meetings for TBF staff with NYC-based publishers for annual TBF spring trip and serve as point of contact during week of visits.
- Help Literary Director with literary programming coordination including:
- tracking book submissions
- communicating with authors and publicists about book submission status
- assisting with tracking literary programming budget, including author travel stipends and coordination
- assisting with communication around Festival author A/V presentation collection
- assisting with year-round events
- working with literary interns
- Provide administrative support, including scheduling meetings, correspondence, meeting preparation and communication, and projects as requested.
- Manage organization communication, including mail, email, and phone.
- Serve as primary contact with all office vendors including building management, IT services, and insurance companies.
- Manage office equipment and supplies.
- Oversee retention and organization of paper and electronic files.
- Run office errands as requested
- Collect receipts from staff and help reconcile statements.
- Track in-kind donations.
- Finanical support such as cutting checks, running Quickbooks reports, and other tasks as needed.
- Assist with development projects, including maintaining accurate records in donor databases, assisting with correspondence and direct mail, and other projects as assigned.
- Assist with annual fundraising gala, including processing table/ticket sales and reconciling payments.
- Attend and assist with Cultivation and Community Engagement events.
Event Support and Logistics
- Assist with literary, development, school and community program events throughout the year: catering, invitations, check-in, etc.
- Assist with sales at events where we have point of sale transactions.
- Assist with logistics and communications with vendors, and volunteers as needed.
- Assist with overseeing intern scheduling and tasks.
- Actively participate in and contribute to organization’s long-term strategic goals and success.
- Actively contribute to a positive, professional, and respectful work environment. Support TBF team members when they need help.
- Embrace the all-in commitment required to make the annual Festival a success and understand that evening and weekend work will be expected in the weeks leading up to the Festival and for some outreach and special events. Flexible hours and generous time off in the off-season are provided in recognition of extra work time needed for the Festival.
- Bachelor’s degree
- One year of relevant work experience (equivalent volunteer and/or school experience qualifies)
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Attention to detail is critical for this position.
- Strong technological aptitude. Familiarity with and flexibility across platforms and operating systems expected.
- Ability to think creatively to problem solve and promote the Texas Book Festival
- Dedication and enthusiasm for fulfilling the Texas Book Festival mission
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends when needed
- Some travel required
- Health, dental, vision and basic life insurance
- Simple IRA match
- PTO, which increases with tenure, as well as generous holiday time off
- Monthly phone stipend
- Access to many, many books
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is July 15, 2022.