The Texas Book Festival is looking for an Event Production and Logistics Coordinator. Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Application deadline is Monday March 28, 2022. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
The Event Production and Logistics Coordinator position with the Texas Book Festival is responsible for supporting the event production, logistical, and volunteer needs in the planning and execution of the Festival’s year-round literary, development, and outreach programming, including the annual Texas Book Festival.
The Event Production and Logistics Coordinate must be able to organize a high volume of details in a fast-paced environment and be able to execute on the many physical components of onsite event management. On-the-spot problem solving and prioritization are key, as are strong communication and people skills.
All TBF staff members contribute to strategic planning, event support, and communication strategies for the annual Texas Book Festival, Reading Rock Stars, Real Reads, and other literary events in Austin and around Texas throughout the year.
General Volunteer and Logistics Coordination
- Serve as volunteer coordinator for any office or event volunteer needs
- Provide logistics coordination and support for TBF literary, development, and outreach events
- Run logistics-related errands for office and event needs
Annual Festival Coordination and Logistics
- Serve as primary liaison with Texas Book Festival Volunteer Committee Chairs (VCCs)
- Recruit volunteers
- Work with Deputy Director, Literary Director, and contract Festival logistics team to help manage Festival venues, tents, maps, banners, signage, exhibitors, and food vendors and to help produce Festival-related materials
- During Festival Weekend, manage VCC communication and assist with Festival set-up and break down
- Run logistics-related errands leading up to and during the Festival Weekend
- Coordinate TBF merchandise orders
Virtual Event Coordination
- Research virtual event platforms and evaluate best platform for the event
- Able to learn new software and create how to use guides for training purposes
- Train technical support staff, including refresher sessions
- Run session analytics
- Actively participate in and contribute to organization’s long-term strategic goals and success
- Actively contribute to a positive, professional, and respectful work environment. Support TBF team members when they need help
- Embrace the all-in commitment required to make the annual Festival a success and understand that evening and weekend work will be expected in the weeks leading up to the Festival. Flexible hours and generous time off in the off-season are provided in recognition of extra work time needed for the Festival.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least two years of relevant work experience in event planning and execution (volunteer, intern, or extracurricular experience may fill this expectation)
- Experience in recruiting, motivating, and managing volunteers
- Excellent communications skills (oral, written, and presentation)
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Attention to detail is critical for this position.
- Strong technological aptitude. Familiarity with and flexibility across platforms and operating systems expected.
- Ability to think creatively to problem solve and promote the Texas Book Festival
- Dedication and enthusiasm for fulfilling the Texas Book Festival mission
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends when needed
- Frequent travel required
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Application deadline is Monday March 28, 2022. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!