Zealots and Abolitionists: A Conversation with H. W. Brands and Steve Inskeep
2:30 pm - 3:15 pm
Friday, November 6, 2020
In new Civil War-era biographies, H. W. Brands (The Zealot and the Emancipator) and Steve Inskeep (Imperfect Union) share deeply researched portraits of two historical duos—President Abraham Lincoln and radical abolitionist John Brown, and influential political couple John and Jessie Frémont—who, sometimes intentionally and sometimes not, helped shape the United States from the nineteenth century to today.
Sponsored by Loewy Law Firm
- Moderator: James B. Milliken
- Format: This is a free, live, virtual event.
- Q&A: Please direct questions to the authors and moderator with CrowdCast’s “Ask a Question” button and not the chat box. Questions will be shared with the moderator, and the moderator will attempt to get to as many audience questions as possible toward the end of the session.
- Chat: Feel free to use the chat box to share your thoughts and virtually cheer for and share kudos with the session’s participants! Disorderly comments will be removed immediately. Please refer to the code of conduct.
- Books: Please consider clicking the “Buy the Book(s)” button below the video feed, which leads to BookPeople, Texas Book Festival’s partner bookseller. Your purchase helps support the author(s), independent bookselling, and the Texas Book Festival. Thank you.
H. W. Brands, Steve Inskeep, The Zealot and the Emancipator: John Brown, Abraham Lincoln, and the Struggle for American Freedom, Imperfect Union