Texas Institute of Letters 2019 Award-winners Lupe Mendez (Why I Am Like Tequila), Naomi Shihab Nye (The Tiny Journalist), and Rubén Degollado (Throw) read from and discuss their works.
In association with the Texas Institute of Letters
- Moderator: Sergio Troncoso
- Format: This is a free virtual event.
- Q&A: Please direct questions to the authors and moderator with CrowdCast’s “Ask a Question” button and not the chat box. Questions will be gathered, later shared with the panelists to answer, and registrants of this session will receive an email with written answers.
- Chat: Feel free to use the chat box to share your thoughts and virtually cheer for and share kudos with the session’s participants! Disorderly comments will be removed immediately. Please refer to the code of conduct.
- Books: Please consider clicking the “Buy the Book(s)” button below the video feed, which leads to BookPeople, Texas Book Festival’s partner bookseller. Your purchase helps support the author(s), independent bookselling, and the Texas Book Festival. Thank you.
Rubén Degollado, Naomi Shihab Nye, Lupe Mendez, Throw, Cast Away: Poems for Our Time, Why I Am Like Tequila, The Tiny Journalist