5:30 pm - 6:15 pm
Sunday, November 1, 2020
Unfortunately, the authors needed to cancel because of technical difficulties (something we are familiar with ourselves!). We're working with the authors on the possibility of another conversation very soon.
Join National Book Award Finalist Ibi Zoboi and activist Yusef Salaam of the Exonerated Five for a featured conversation about their recent collaboration, Punching the Air—an unforgettable novel in verse that gives voice to America’s incarcerated youth through the perspective of a talented, wrongfully accused young artist whose future is suddenly derailed by juvenile detention.
Sponsored by Epic Reads, Humanities Texas, 3M, and Brigid Cockrum and Family
- Introduction: Eugenia Vela, BookPeople
- Format: This is a free, live, virtual event.
- Q&A: Please direct questions to the authors and moderator with CrowdCast's "Ask a Question" button and not the chat box. Questions will be shared with the moderator, and the moderator will attempt to get to as many audience questions as possible toward the end of the session.
- Chat: Feel free to use the chat box to share your thoughts and virtually cheer for and share kudos with the session's participants! Disorderly comments will be removed immediately. Please refer to the code of conduct.
- Books: Please consider clicking the "Buy the Book(s)" button below the video feed, which leads to BookPeople, Texas Book Festival's partner bookseller. Your purchase helps support the author(s), independent bookselling, and the Texas Book Festival. Thank you.