Last year, over 1000 enthusiastic book-lovers volunteered their time and talent to make the Texas Book Festival a huge success. We are very grateful to all of our volunteers for your continued support.
HOW TO VOLUNTEER:
1. Read our Volunteer Guidelines (PDF)
2. Click on the left menu links below to read volunteer descriptions and to sign up.
Groups: please fill out our Group Volunteer Form or send an email to email@example.com for more information or to register to volunteer.
Location: Festival Grounds
(Helen Ginger, Terri Schexnayder, Lari Bishop, Chair)
Volunteers must be age 20 or older for this event.
- assist with author check-in and hospitality at the Festival
- escort the author(s) to their program/panel location
- escort the author(s) from the program/panel location to the author signing area and stay with the author(s) until the end of the assigned book-signing time
- serve as "gofer" for the author(s) as needed during book signing, for items such as Festival provided refreshments
- must become familiar with Festival grounds so as to escort author to various TBF destinations
- volunteers may sign up to escort more than one author or for multiple shifts