Last year, more than 1,000 enthusiastic book-lovers volunteered their time and talent to make the Texas Book Festival a huge success. We are very grateful to all of our volunteers for your continued support! Don’t forget to sign-up to volunteer for the 2014 Texas Book Festival.
HOW TO VOLUNTEER:
Volunteer positions and sign-up will be available July 15, 2014.
Read our 2014 Volunteer Guidelines (PDF)
Location: Festival Grounds
(Lari Bishop, Tracy Young, Amber Shantel Hales, Chair)
Volunteers must be age 20 or older for this event.
- assist with author check-in and hospitality at the Festival
- escort the author(s) to their program/panel location
- escort the author(s) from the program/panel location to the author signing area and stay with the author(s) until the end of the assigned book-signing time
- serve as "gofer" for the author(s) as needed during book signing, for items such as Festival provided refreshments
- must become familiar with Festival grounds so as to escort author to various TBF destinations
- volunteers may sign up to escort more than one author or for multiple shifts