Last year, more than 1,000 enthusiastic book-lovers volunteered their time and talent to make the Texas Book Festival a huge success. We are very grateful to all of our volunteers for your continued support! Don’t forget to sign-up to volunteer for the 2014 Texas Book Festival.
HOW TO VOLUNTEER:
Volunteer positions are now available! Sign up for a shift below.
Read our 2014 Volunteer Guidelines (PDF)
Do you have a group that would like to volunteer? Fill out the Group Volunteer Request Form. Please note, our volunteer coordinators will do the best they can to accommodate your group, but occasionally, we will have to split groups into different shifts or venues.
Location: Festival Grounds
(Lari Bishop, Tracy Young, Amber Shantel Hales, Chair)
Volunteers must be age 20 or older for this event.
- assist with author check-in and hospitality at the Festival
- escort the author(s) to their program/panel location
- escort the author(s) from the program/panel location to the author signing area and stay with the author(s) until the end of the assigned book-signing time
- serve as "gofer" for the author(s) as needed during book signing, for items such as Festival provided refreshments
- must become familiar with Festival grounds so as to escort author to various TBF destinations
- volunteers may sign up to escort more than one author or for multiple shifts