Read Together Texas is a Texas Book Festival initiative to connect readers of all ages with the children’s books that we love. Whether you’re looking for a family storytime, an educational resource for an at-home learning activity, or just want to introduce your child to new stories and ideas, this page has you covered! We have authors, Texas leaders, and friends of the Texas Book Festival reading their favorite children’s books. In the bottom tab, we also share resources to help make the most of the storytimes. We will be updating this page with new storytimes as we find new ways to connect to each other during this time. Happy reading!
Actress Genevieve Padalecki reads Slinky Malinki by Dodd Linley.
Robin A. Ward reads her book Count on Texas. Find activities to supplement this storytime here.
Additional Learning Resources and Activities
Looking for activities to supplement the above storytimes? We’re happy to share these learning resources for engaging children and teens at home.
Social Emotional Learning (SEL) is the process of developing and using social and emotional skills. These skills help us process and understand our emotions, set goals, make decisions, and not only get along with our peers but also feel empathy for others.
- Learning resources from publishers
- Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Choice Board
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math) Choice Board
- Rene has Two Last Names Choice Board
- The Alley Cat’s Meow Choice Board
- The Amazing Watercolor Fish Choice Board
- Black Lives Matter Choice Board
- July 2020 Reading List Choice Board
- Running by Natalia Sylvester Choice Board #1
- Running by Natalia Sylvester Choice Board #2
- Running by Natalia Sylvester Choice Board #3
- More Summer Fun Choice Board (Pre-K-2nd)
- More Summer Fun Choice Board (3rd-5th)