12:00 pm - 12:45 pm
Saturday, November 7, 2020
Michael J. Sandel, who appeared at the Texas Book Festival in 2009 with Justice, returns to discuss his latest work (The Tyranny of Merit), in which he makes the case that American meritocracy and the resentment it fuels are central to the recent rise of populist politics.
- Moderator: Megan Creydt, Texas Monthly executive editor
- ASL interpreter: Susannah Jaffe
- Format: This is a free, live, virtual event.
- Q&A: Please direct questions to the authors and moderator with CrowdCast's "Ask a Question" button and not the chat box. Questions will be shared with the moderator, and the moderator will attempt to get to as many audience questions as possible toward the end of the session.
- Chat: Feel free to use the chat box to share your thoughts and virtually cheer for and share kudos with the session's participants! Disorderly comments will be removed immediately, at producers' sole discretion. Please refer to the code of conduct.
- Books: Please consider clicking the "Buy the Book(s)" button below the video feed, which leads to BookPeople, Texas Book Festival's partner bookseller. Your purchase helps support the author(s), independent bookselling, and the Texas Book Festival. Thank you.