5:30 pm - 6:15 pm
Thursday, November 12, 2020
Texas Book Festival alum Kevin Kwan returns with new book Sex and Vanity, a retelling of E. M. Forster’s Room with a View updated for the modern era. Set on the luxurious island of Capri, the novel stars Lucie Churchill, who’s always ignored her Chinese-American mother’s culture in favor of her white New Yorker father’s. That doesn’t change when she meets hunky, infuriating George Zao—at least, not at first. Join the discussion as Kwan talks romance, identity, and riches.
- Moderator: Rose Smith
- ASL interpreter: Jennye Kamin
- Format: This is a free, live, virtual event.
- Q&A: Please direct questions to the authors and moderator with CrowdCast's "Ask a Question" button and not the chat box. Questions will be shared with the moderator, and the moderator will attempt to get to as many audience questions as possible toward the end of the session.
- Chat: Feel free to use the chat box to share your thoughts and virtually cheer for and share kudos with the session's participants! Disorderly comments will be removed immediately, at our producers' sole discretion. Please refer to the code of conduct.
- Books: Please consider clicking the "Buy the Book(s)" button below the video feed, which leads to BookPeople, Texas Book Festival's partner bookseller. Your purchase helps support the author(s), independent bookselling, and the Texas Book Festival. Thank you.