Election Day: Mychal Denzel Smith and Isaac J. Bailey in Conversation
5:30 pm - 6:15 pm
Friday, November 6, 2020
Essayists Mychal Denzel Smith (Stakes Is High: Life After the American Dream) and Isaac J. Bailey (Why Didn’t We Riot?: A Black Man in Trumpland) join to discuss election day and its implications on American identity, the nation’s path forward, and the long extant fissures permeating society, culture, politics, and government in the United States.
Sponsored by C-SPAN2 BookTVJennifer Wilks
- Moderator: Jennifer Wilks
- Format: This is a free, live, virtual event.
- Q&A: Please direct questions to the authors and moderator with CrowdCast’s “Ask a Question” button and not the chat box. Questions will be shared with the moderator, and the moderator will attempt to get to as many audience questions as possible toward the end of the session.
- Chat: Feel free to use the chat box to share your thoughts and virtually cheer for and share kudos with the session’s participants! Disorderly comments will be removed immediately. Please refer to the code of conduct.
- Books: Please consider clicking the “Buy the Book(s)” button below the video feed, which leads to BookPeople, Texas Book Festival’s partner bookseller. Your purchase helps support the author(s), independent bookselling, and the Texas Book Festival. Thank you.
Mychal Denzel Smith, Issac J. Bailey, Stakes Is High: Life After the American Dream, Why Didn’t We Riot? A Black Man in Trumpland