12:00 pm - 12:45 pm
Sunday, November 8, 2020
Comedian and actor Michael Ian Black writes a letter to his college-bound son in this heartfelt meditation on masculinity. As he looks back on his relationship with his father, Black reexamines the lessons he learned growing up and makes the case for radical vulnerability.
- Moderator: Owen Egerton
- ASL interpreter: Brian Truitt
- Format: This is a free, live, virtual event.
- Q&A: Please direct questions to the authors and moderator with CrowdCast's "Ask a Question" button and not the chat box. Questions will be shared with the moderator, and the moderator will attempt to get to as many audience questions as possible toward the end of the session.
- Chat: Feel free to use the chat box to share your thoughts and virtually cheer for and share kudos with the session's participants! Disorderly comments will be removed immediately. Please refer to the code of conduct.
- Books: Please consider clicking the "Buy the Book(s)" button below the video feed, which leads to BookPeople, Texas Book Festival's partner bookseller. Your purchase helps support the author(s), independent bookselling, and the Texas Book Festival. Thank you.