Calling all young writers of Texas! It’s time to submit your stories! We are proud to announce that the submission window for our 2022 Fresh Ink Fiction Contest, supported by Random House Children’s Books, is now open. Create a fictional story based on the theme: What are you waiting for?
– Writer must live in Texas
– Writer must be enrolled in grades 6-12th
– Writer must submit an original work of fiction that includes no more than 2,000 words
– Submission must be written by a single author; no co-authors
Submission Requirements & Format
– Follow the theme provided; choose your own fiction genre
– Use language that fits your audience
– Submit only one entry
– Include a title page with your name, email, and word count
– Format: Double-spaced, Times New Roman, 12 pt size font, 1-inch margins
– Number all pages and submit in one of the following formats: .pdf, .doc, .docx
– Save your file using: TitleofStory_YourInitials [example: ThroneofGlass_SJM]
– Submit through Google form: Fresh Ink Fiction Contest
Deadline: Wednesday, September 14, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. CT
Entry must be the author’s original work and creation – no plagiarism or fan fiction.
Still have a question about the contest? Email Michelle: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also attend a Writer’s Q&A with Austin Bat Cave. Details coming soon!
Entries will be judged by Texas Book Festival authors, educators, and leaders in the publishing industry. Judges will look for excellence in dialogue, imagery, character development, setting, plot, conflict, and resolution. Winners will be invited to participate in the Texas Book Festival on November 5-6, 2022 and be awarded a fun literary prize. Winners will be announced on October 12, 2022.
Random House Children’s Books, a division of Penguin Random House, is the world’s largest English-language children’s trade book publisher. Creating books for toddlers through young adult readers, in all formats from board books to picture books and novels, the imprints of Random House Children’s Books bring together award-winning authors and illustrators, world-famous franchise characters, and multimillion-copy series. Check us out at rhcbooks.com!