The Texas Book Festival is a nonprofit organization that celebrates authors and their contributions to the culture of literacy, ideas, and imagination. Generous support from our donors helps us provide and keep our annual Festival free and open to the public, bring books to life for children in low-income schools, support Texas public libraries, and connect authors and readers through events year-round.
We are very proud to be celebrating the Book Festival’s 20th Anniversary. The Book Festival has grown into a huge annual event featuring more than 250 of the nation’s most accomplished authors. Beyond the Festival itself, we have developed several successful outreach programs. Thanks to your support, the TBF has made a significant cultural and educational impact in the lives of hundreds of thousands of Texans. In the past nineteen years we have:
- Hosted 3,472 authors completely free of charge!
- Given more than $2.7 million through 1033 grants to 600+ libraries
- Sponsored 273 author visits to 72 public schools and gifted 64,127 books to disadvantaged children through our Reading Rock Stars program
- Encouraged tens of thousands of teens to continue reading and writing during a critical phase of their educational development—through youth programming at the Festival, our annual youth fiction contest, and the Texas Teen Book Festival
- Engaged thousands of dedicated volunteers who return year after year to support our mission
Festival Friends Pass
When you make a donation of $100 or more, we thank you with a Festival Friends Pass. A critical funding stream that helps keep the Festival free for all, a Festival Friends Pass allows you, plus one guest, priority line access at designated Festival Friends Pass sessions and signings. Festival Friends Passes will be mailed up to one week before the Festival, along with your thank you letter. After that, Festival Friends Passes will be available for pick up in the Texas Book Festival Store on 11th Street in front of the Capitol.
Questions: Call 512.477.4055 or email email@example.com.