Grab a drink and support the arts! We’re thrilled to launch our second annual Literary Libations week in support of Lit Crawl Austin! From August 14-18, bars across Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, and Houston are slinging book-themed cocktails to support the Texas Book Festival and Lit Crawl Austin, our annual evening of literary shenanigans. A portion of each drink sale will go towards keeping Lit Crawl free and open to the public.
Make your summer cocktail count! Follow the event on Facebook and join us out on the town!
Check out the full list of participating bars, with descriptions of their book-themed drinks :
- Olamaie (Austin) – The Long Goodbye, made with Highborn Texas Gin, Amaro Nonino, lime, Peychaud’s Bitters.
- Native Hostel (Austin) – Jack Burden, made with Del Maguey Crema de Mescal, Campari, Dolen sweet vermouth, dry vermouth, and bitters.
- Eberly (Austin) – Beatrix Potter, made with Beefeater Gin, Pimm’s, carrot juice, lime juice, chamomile syrup, pinch of salt and muddled basil.
- Sophia’s (Austin) – Redrum Daiquiri, made with strawberry syrup, lime juice, Brugal Rum, and garnished with kiwi Jell-O shot stuffed strawberry and fresh mint sprig with Peychaud’s Bitters for color and topped with ginger beer.
- Dogwood Rock Rose (Austin) – A Cocktail of Two Cities, made with Bombay Sapphire London Dry Gin, St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur, fresh lemon juice, grapefruit bitters and champagne.
- Weather Up (Austin) – Tictocq, made with gin, fresh lemon juice, Maraschino liqueur, crème de violette, and a Maraschino cherry garnish.
- Barrel O’ Fun (Austin) – The Last Citrus Show, made with TX Whiskey, fresh grapefruit juice, RC Cola syrup, and soda water, served over crushed ice with grapefruit zest.
- Backbeat (Austin) – Stockades Sling, made with 3/4 oz. Plantation Original Dark Rum, Laird’s Straight Apple Brandy, Fernet-Branca, lime juice, cinnamon-infused Liber & Co. Gum Syrup (or a housemade rich cinnamon syrup), Bittermens Xocolatl Mole Bitters, and Fever-Tree Ginger Beer.
- Nightcap (Austin) – The Full Monty, made with vodka, Lillet Blanc, lemon juice, cucumber juice, and garnished with thinly sliced cucumbers.
- Lustre Pearl East (Austin) – Huckleberry Gin, made with gin, lychee, lime, and bubbles.
- Clive (Austin) – A Grog’s Purpose, made with Hamilton Demerara Rum, Bird Dog Small Batch Bourbon, lemon juice, grapefruit juice, honey syrup, St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram, and garnished with a cherry-lemon wheel spike or mint sprig.
- The Wheel (Austin) – Rye and PunishMint, made with Rittenhouse Rye, honey simple syrup, lime juice, mint leaves, topped with a splash of ginger beer and garnished with a mint sprig.
- Searsucker (Austin) – Margarita Atwood, made with strawberry jalapeno tequila, lime, and agave.
- Juliet (Austin) – Gone with the Gin, made with gin, lemon juice, framboise liqueur, Licor 43, and grapefruit bitters.
- Whisler’s (Austin) – A Happy Place, made with 1 oz. Sotol, Yellow Chartreuse, blue Curaçao, honey syrup, lemon juice, salt, Topo Chico, and garnished with a lemon twist.
- Old Thousand (Austin) – 6-Toed Cat, made with barbancourt rhum agricole, luxardo, pandan (a southeast Asian leaf, tastes somewhat nutty and like vanilla), lime and garnished with a cherry and lime peel
- Bar Boheme (Austin) – Dill and Peace, made with 1876 Vodka, simple syrup, lemon juice, velvet falernum, yellow chartreuse and garnished with dill sprigs
- People’s Last Stand (Dallas) – East of Sweden, made with Svedka vodka, Avuá Cachaça, lime juice, cucumber and Topo Chico.
- Mongoose versus Cobra (Houston) – The Ninth Circle, made with Campari, Fernet-Branca, and grapefruit juice.
- B & B Butchers & Restaurant (Houston) – The Old Man and the Sea, made with Flor de Cana Grand Reserve 7 Year Rum, lime juice, Luxardo Maraschino, and grapefruit juice.
- Lucille’s (Houston) – Grey Expectations, made with Rémy Martin, Crème de Violette, lime, and Earl Grey-infused simple syrup.
- Krause’s Cafe (San Antonio) – Whiskey Holden, made with rye bourbon, simple syrup, lemon juice, muddled orange, ginger beer, a dash of bitters and garnished with a lemon peel in a Collins glass.
- Boiler House (San Antonio) – Dance with Dragons, made with Grey Goose Pear, Dusse VSOP, honey syrup, orange bitters and garnished with a lemon twist.
- Cork Bar at Hotel Contessa (San Antonio) – Hemingway Martini, made with Bacardi Rum, Cointreau, grapefruit juice, lime juice, simple syrup, and garnished with grapefruit wedge & lime twist.
- TBA (San Antonio) – Death At Sea, made with Laird’s apple brandy, lemongrass infused vodka, lemon juice, honey syrup and topped with ginger beer.
- Blue Box Bar (San Antonio) – Gin and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, made with gin, lime, and rosemary syrup, topped with soda with a rosemary garnish.
- Botika (San Antonio) – Small Infinity, made with cucumber juice, vodka, lime juice, Thai chilies juice, and simple syrup.
- Sternewirth (San Antonio) – The Secret Life of Bees Knees, made with gin, Texas honey, and fresh squeezed lemon juice.
Lit Crawl Austin – Saturday, November 4
Proceeds from Literary Libations Week benefit Lit Crawl Austin, a collaboration between the Texas Book Festival and the Litquake Foundation, which will be held this year on Saturday, November 4 at bars located on East Cesar Chavez Street and at The North Door, where you can catch Literary Death Match. Lit Crawl is free and open to the public, and features some of America’s most groundbreaking and beloved writers onstage for literary mayhem in unexpected places.