Applications due: May 31, 2022
Please read guidelines below before submitting application form
Lit Crawl Austin takes place Saturday, November 5, 2022, in one of Austin’s active cultural districts. In years past, for instance, Lit Crawl has taken place in the Red River Cultural District, East Sixth Street, and East Cesar Chavez. We are currently scouting and securing venues for 2022.
Now in its twelfth year, Lit Crawl features dynamic literary programming in unusual venues (think: yoga studio or toy museum or bar) with top-notch national and local writers—all over the course of a single night. We are a part of the Texas Book Festival.
If your organization is selected to be part of the Crawl, you are expected to promote your event. This includes but is not limited to inviting folks through newsletters and social media platforms. We’ll spread the word about Lit Crawl—but we need you to get people out to your event!
All organizers and participants can only take part in one Lit Crawl event. If your organization is hosting an event, you will not be able to read at or be part of the programming of another event. Feel free, however, to attend other events! 🙂
If you’re a returning organization and have been hosting a particular type of event with us for a couple years, we urge you to apply this year with a new concept or format.
Lit Crawl accepts submissions from literary organizations, writing groups, reading series, and publications.
Just as the Texas Book Festival seeks to feature an excellent and diverse mix of literature for all visitors and participating authors, Lit Crawl is committed to encouraging diversity in the literary world and promoting as wide a range of writers as possible.
• Are your authors free on Saturday, November 5, from 6:30-10:30 pm? Time slots for events will likely run 7:30-8:15; 8:30-9:15, and 9:30-10:15. We may schedule a few events with an earlier start time.
• Can your organization curate two to three authors who will engage an audience of book lovers?
• Events typically run about 45 minutes long.
• Lit Crawl readings are on the short side (5 to 8 minutes per author).
• All submissions will receive an automatic reply, and if your event is selected, you will receive another response by midsummer.
Thanks again for letting us know about your organization and its literary efforts!
Lit Crawl Application 2022