TEXAS BOOK FESTIVAL INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
We are pleased to offer internships across several departments: Programming, Outreach, Development, Operations, and Communications. Each intern reports to specific staff members, however, all interns assist the entire staff in the production of the Festival and its programs as needed. This includes participating in occasional after-hours literary events, including event setup, registration, and clean-up.
Internships require a commitment of 8-10 hours per week. Internships can range from three months to a year, and start and finish dates are flexible. Applicants who are available during the Gala and Festival Weekend (November 3-5, 2022) will be given preference. Internships must be scheduled during the Texas Book Festival’s operating hours (9 AM through 5 PM, Monday through Friday). Interns will receive a $500 stipend on completion of their internship.
2022 Texas Book Festival Internships
Event Production Internship: Fall Internship
Start date: Late July/August 2022
Schedule: 2 – 3 times a week
General Skills needed: event/production-oriented, very well organized, needs to be on-site during the Texas Book Festival weekend, carry 25+lbs unassisted
Pre Festival duties:
- Help print materials for all VCC (Volunteer Chair Committee) meetings, including attending and taking notes
- Organize supply bags for VCCs, including emergency packets
- create VCC badge slips and author badge slips
- help with storage runs
- Work on badges
- author and moderator placards (by location)
- author greenroom session cards
- author greenroom volunteer assignment cards
- help with catering orders for Festival venues and author greenroom
Festival Week duties:
- schedule Uhaul use and work on the overall schedule for the Uhaul including loading and unloading
- help set up church locations and drop-offs of materials during Friday pre-fest
- set up Author Greenroom
- Work with Event Production and Logistics Manager on double checking all materials in preparation for Festival Weekend
Festival Weekend duties:
- become the roving VCC, who helps out during the Festival weekend if VCCs want to attend certain sessions
- coordinate with Author Greenroom VCCs on trash and recycling pickup of Author Greenroom
- Help with special event logistics and greenroom hospitality
Interested applicants may send an e-mail with resume and cover letter as attachments to Olivia Hesse, Event Production and Logistics Coordinator: oliviahesse[at] texasbookfestival [dot] org. Please use the subject line “Event Production Internship Application.”
Literary Programming Internship: Summer and Fall Internships
Deadline to apply: This deadline has passed. Please check back in Spring 2023!
School and Community Programs Internship: Fall Internship
School and Community Programs Internship applications are no longer being considered. Please check back Spring 2023!
Marketing & Communications Internship: Fall Internship
Marketing Internship applications are no longer being considered. Please check back Spring 2023!
Development Internship: Fall Internship
Development Internship applications are no longer being considered. Please check back Spring 2023!