2018 CONTRACT LOGISTICS AND VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
This position is in review. Applications are currently closed.
June 18 – September: 20 hours per week
October 5- 6: all day availability to work Texas Teen Book Festival
October: 40 hours per week
October 25- 29: all-in availability to work Texas Book Festival Weekend and post-Fest cleanup
Texas Book Festival Coordination and Logistics
- Serve as primary liaison with Texas Book Festival Volunteer Committee Chairs (VCCs) managing all aspects of volunteer coordination including recruitment, meetings, correspondence, requests, retention, goodwill, and events
- Serve as liaison with contract Festival logistics team, working with them and Executive Director to help manage Festival venues, tents, maps, banners, signage, exhibitors, and food vendors
- Work with TBF Literary Director and Literary Communications Coordinator on all Festival venues as they relate to literary programming (set-up needs for A/V, furniture, backdrops, signage, green room, etc).
- Help produce and set-up Festival session signage with TBF Literary Director and Lit/Comm Coordinator
- Assist with TBF merchandise inventory and 2018 order, working with TBF staff, TBF Store Volunteer Committee Chair, and merchandise vendor on deadlines and deliverables
- During Festival Weekend, manage VCC communication and assist with Festival set-up and break down, including step and repeat banners, Author Green Room supplies, trash collection, signage, and VCC supply return
- Run logistics-related errands leading up to and during Festival Weekend, including printing and merchandise pick-ups/drop-offs, special event deliveries, special programming-related book deliveries, and errands as needed
- Coordinate VCC Festival Weekend kickoff/appreciation event held during the week leading up to the Festival, including organizing catering, preparing supply bags, and preparing pre-Festival materials for the VCCs
- Manage over-street banner placements with City of Austin, including communication, drop-off and pickup.
- Assist with site logistics for Festival Author Lineup Announcement and other summer/fall events, as needed
Texas Teen Book Festival Coordination and Logistics
- Serve as logistics coordinator for Texas Teen Book Festival, serving as liaison between TTBF director and TBF staff to coordinate tent and other rental needs, medical services tent, signage, and other logistical needs.
- Serve as TTBF exhibitor coordinator, serving as point of contact for all TTBF exhibitors and being on-site contact during the TTBF on October 6, 2018
- Assist with Texas Teen Book Festival set-up at St. Edward’s University on Friday, October 5, 2018, including coordinating exhibitor move-in and assisting with placement of Festival signage, wayfinding signs and any other set-up materials.
Communication and Administrative Support
- Contact potential local and regional advertisers for program insert. Coordinate ad deadlines and deliverables
- Other duties as assigned
To apply, submit the following to Maris Finn at email@example.com
- Cover letter
- References upon request
Application deadline: May 31
Start date: June 18