Many of the chefs and authors featured in this year’s Central Market Cooking Tent will offer a distinctly Southwestern flavor, focusing on everything from smoked barbecue and breakfast tacos, to Texas cocktails and authentic Mexican food.
Famous cooking experts and authors from Texas and around the nation featured in panel discussions in various venues and cooking demonstrations in the Central Market Cooking Tent are:
- Jarod Neece and Mando Rayo (Austin Breakfast Tacos)
- Dotty Griffith (Texas Holiday Cookbook)
- Scott Roberts (Back by Popular Demand the Salt Lick
- Tim Byres (Smoke: New Firewood Cooking)
- Tipsy Texan: David Alan (Tipsy Texan: Spirits and Cocktails from the Lone Star State)
- Addie Broyles (The Austin Food Blogger Alliance Cookbook)
- Lucinda Hutson (¡Viva Tequila!)
- Beekman Boys: Josh Kilmer-Purcell and Brent Ridge (The Beekman 1802 Heirloom Dessert Cookbook)
- Robb Walsh (The Hot Sauce Cookbook and Barbecue Crossroads)
- Joe Yonan (Eat Your Vegetables: Bold Recipes for the Single Cook)
- Daniel Vaughn (The Prophets of Smoked Meat: A Journey Through Texas Barbecue)
- Allen Salkin (From Scratch: Inside the Food Network)
- Holly Aker, Shaun Martin, and Caroline Wallace (Beer Bitch: Austin Beer: Capital City History on Tap)
In addition, this year’s food vendors will offer a delicious mixture of flavors for hungry Festival-goers. Food vendors featured at the Festival will include Travassa Austin, Crepe Crazy, Heros Gyros, Lavazza Espression, Hey Cupcake!, Snowie Shaved Ice, and Amy’s Ice Creams.
We are also excited to announce a brand new food area at the Festival, the TMBBQ ’Cue Court brought to you by Texas Monthly, which will feature three barbecue joints from Texas Monthly’s popular and impeccably curated top 50 list. Don’t miss out on your chance to sample barbecue from Two Bros. BBQ Market, Blue Ox BBQ, and a unique mash-up of Miller’s Smokehouse and the Peached Tortilla.
Food plays an important role in enhancing the Texas Book Festival’s celebration of culture, ideas, and literacy. Like the Festival itself, this year’s food offerings are sure to have something for everyone.
Visit the 2013 Festival Author page for complete information on the authors and chefs who will be appearing at the Texas Book Festival. Check out the 2013 Exhibitors and Vendors page for more information on this year’s exciting batch of food vendors.