2016 Texas Book Festival submission period is
January 4th to June 1st, 2016.
To be considered for the 2016 Festival, your package must be postmarked on or between January 4th and June 1st.
The Texas Book Festival typically presents approximately 250 authors, from Texas and beyond, whose books are published in the year the Festival takes place. All authors who are invited to participate will be featured in a panel or solo session; the Festival does not feature authors for book signings only.
Please read all of the following information before submitting a book to the Festival:
How is a book considered?
To be considered for this year’s Festival, please send or have your publicist send us the following:
- Two copies of a finished book/galley/ARC/manuscript, electronic submissions will not be considered
- A press kit with clippings and reviews
- Author bio with list of previously published titles
- Information about your ability to fund your own travel to Austin if your publisher is not utilizing publicity budget money to send you to the Festival
- Please mail these items to Texas Book Festival, 610 Brazos, Suite 200, Austin, Texas 78701
When should a book be submitted?
We accept submissions of books January 4 through June 1 in the same year as the Festival. To be considered, a book must be published within 18 months prior to the start of the Festival.
Who decides which authors are invited?
An Author Selection Committee comprised of publishing and book professionals considers the submissions and chooses who will be invited. The bulk of invitations go out between the beginning of May and the end of August.
What types of books are considered?
- Fiction — including all genres such as thrillers and Westerns
- Narrative nonfiction — history, biography, memoir, and essays
- Cookbooks and food-related titles
- Children’s literature
- Art and architecture titles
What types of books are not considered?
The Texas Book Festival focuses on the promotion of literature and Texas literary culture; books on the topics of self-improvement, how-to, or books strictly of academic or religious interest will not be considered.
Should a self-published/printed author submit?
Self-published titles will only be considered if they meet the following criteria:
- The title is bound
- Printed copies can be available for our book seller to sell
- A professional has edited the work
- An established marketing plan has been made and is submitted with the title
- A functional author website exists
The consideration for self-published titles that meet the above criteria will be the same as traditionally published books, outlined above. For the 2016 Festival, we will not accept self-published titles that exist only in ebook format.
(512) 477-4055 or email@example.com.