Well, ok, it’s really just one IDEA.
If you’re searching for a book to get your mom or a mom this Mother’s Day, Bossypants is everything you’re looking for in one man-handed cover for the following reasons:
1. A hilariously perceptive collection of essays by a comrade and veteran in the should-I-breast-feed and did-a-babysitter-just-clip-my-child’s-nails-too-short and can-I-manage-a-job-and-this-little-human school of life.
2. Mom doesn’t like reading? STILL WORKS. Get her the audio version. Tina Fey reads it herself, delivering every punch line with perfect Liz Lemon-esque sarcasm.
3. It’s not just about being a mom. Because every mom needs a break from that role to remember she’s got a lot of other things going on.
4. The essay titled: A Mother’s Prayer for Her Daughter. “Grant her a Rough Patch from twelve to seventeen. Let her draw horses and be interested in Barbies for much too long…”
5. Tina. Fey. Come on. We all love her.
Buy Bossypants at your local independent bookstore this Mother’s Day.
If you already own (and therefore love) Bossypants tweet at @texasbookfest using #MothersDay, and we’ll send you more ideas.