710 W Cesar Chavez St
Austin, TX 78701
In honor of African American History Month and communities of color, join the Austin Public Library and KAZI Book Review for the second annual Celebration of Diverse Literary Voices of Texas.
There will be author readings as well as panel discussions on cultural diversity, African American education, Mexican American literature and social justice in literature.
Featuring notable Texas Authors and Editors
- Nicky Drayden, Author of Prey of the Gods
- John Moran Gonzalez, Editor of The Cambridge Companion to Latina/o American Literature
- Chaitali Sen, Author of The Pathless Sky
- Jacob Grovey, Author of Dance of the Broken
- Natalia Sylvester, Author of the forthcoming book Everyone Knows You Go Home(March 13, 2018)
- Michael Hurd, Author of Thursday Night Lights: The Story of Black High School Football in Texas
- Karen Kossie-Chernyshev, Editor of Angie Brown: A Jim Crow Romance and Author of Recovering Five Generations Hence: The Life and Writing of Lillian Jones Horace
- Evelyn Palfrey, Author of Going Home
Copies of the books will be available for purchase through a partnership with Book People. A portion of the book sales will benefit the Austin Public Library. For more information about Celebration of Diverse Literary Voices of Texas, contact Hopeton Hay, KAZI Book Review Producer and Host, at email@example.com.
The Celebration of Diverse Literary Voices of Texas is sponsored in part by the Cultural Arts Division of the City of Austin Economic Development Department.
Free and open to the public!