Last year 34 libraries received more than $75,000 in grant support from the Texas Book Festival. Here’s a little snippet on how those funds were used and how five libraries enhanced their collections. The 2015-2016 cycle is open and applications must be post-marked by February 5th, 2016. Apply now!
1. Hutchinson County Library purchased 184 children’s books for their summer reading program. Nearly 500 students signed up for the program logging 4,584 hours of reading time.
2. Lancaster Veterans Memorial Library added 209 books to their African American literature collection.
3. R.B. Tullis Library held a Dia de los libros celebration and purchased 166 Spanish and bilingual titles.
4. El Paso Armijo Branch was able to fill gaps in their Spanish and bilingual collection and purchased 191 books!
5. Plano Library increased their collection of books offered in Mandarin and Hindi languages and provided family story times.