8.5.14: The Texas Book Festival is currently seeking to fill a full-time Operations Coordinator position. Below, please find the position description and information about how to apply. The deadline to apply is Thursday, August 14, 2014.
OPERATIONS COORDINATOR POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Operations Coordinator position with the Texas Book Festival (TBF) is primarily responsible for coordinating and overseeing the daily and long-range operations of the Texas Book Festival office, including maintaining accurate financial and development records. The Operations Coordinator serves as the front line for the organization on phone and email correspondence.
- Serve as office manager, coordinating day-to-day operations and continually striving to improve efficiency
- Assist Executive Director with meeting scheduling and projects as assigned
- Open mail & distribute
- Answer general TBF questions by phone & e-mail
- Liaison with all office vendors including building management
- Maintain office equipment and continually research best prices for services (copier, computers, etc.)
- Draft correspondence (Thank you letters, etc.)
- Maintain TBF distribution lists (mail and email)
- Oversee retention and organization of paper and electronic files
- Coordinate/manage all mailings (fundraising, library grants, etc.)
- Assist with board meeting preparation and communication
- Keep office organized and clean, stocked with necessary supplies
- Process payments and maintain accounts receivable/payable in Quickbooks
- Reconcile TBF accounts (checking, credit cards, money market)
- Work with Executive Director and Board Treasurer on budget, audit and tax return
- Produce reports for Executive Director and Board as needed
- Assist Executive Director with development projects, including drafting and organizing grant submissions
- Assist with maintaining timely and accurate sponsorship and constituent information.
- Coordinate timely responses to constituent and sponsorship gifts
- Assist with annual fundraising gala, including auction and table/ticket sales
- Assist with coordinating logistics and communications for annual Book Festival and Teen Book Festival with exhibitors, concessions, vendors, hotels, authors, volunteers, and as needed
- Assist with various TBF events throughout the year: catering, venues, invitations, etc.
- Assist with Reading Rock Stars and TBF Fiction Contest
- Assist in selection and preparation of TBF merchandise
- Assist with sending emails to TBF email lists
- Assist with maintaining and producing content for website
- Assist in creating/designing TBF materials
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional experience – nonprofit experience a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail are critical for this position
- Knowledge of QuickBooks and financial record keeping desired
- Experience with fundraising database management and reporting desired
- Ability to think creatively to problem solve and promote the Texas Book Festival
- Dedication and enthusiasm for fulfilling the Texas Book Festival mission
- Some travel may be required
Please send cover letter/email, resume, and 3 professional references to Lois Kim, Executive Director, at email@example.com.
Applications for this position will be closed on Thursday, August 14, 2014.
OTHER OPPORTUNITIES WITH THE TEXAS BOOK FESTIVAL
If you would like to be involved with the Texas Book Festival, we also encourage you to intern or volunteer. You will meet many people involved with the organization who are passionate about authors, books, and literacy. And we promise you will have fun!
If you would like to be a part of the Festival, please take a look at the other options below.